Broadmoor Country Club is complete with three heated pools and provide aquatic activities for all ages. The pool is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day and we offer youth summer day camps, private swimming lessons, and many relaxing hours with full menu service from the pool deck. Contact Rob Greathouse at Rgreathouse@broadmoorcc.com
2023 Swimming Pool Rules
These policies have been created to ensure a fun and safe experience at the pool for all members and their guests. We also want to make sure that there is adequate space for our members to enjoy the pool at their leisure. Pool staff will firmly, fairly and consistently enforce all pool rules.
Any issues or concerns should be reported to Rob Greathouse (email@example.com / 317.405.8997) or the supervisor in charge rather than directly addressing the guards, as they must keep their attention on the pool.
- Memorial Day-Labor Day.
- Tuesday - Sunday 10am - 8pm, weather permitting.
- If heavy rain, thunder/lightning occur the pool will be closed for a mandatory 30 minutes.
- Every time thunder is heard or lightning is seen, the 30 minutes will start over.
- All guests must be accompanied by a member who is on the Broadmoor Country Club property.
- The only exception to the above is for nannies. The Nanny Fee is $150 for the 2023 season.
- Guest Fees: $10 per guests on weekdays and weekends, $15 on holidays (Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day). Exempted guests include immediate family: parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren.
- Four (4) guests allowed at one time (children 5 and younger not included in this number).
- Limit 6x for the same guests during the season.
- All guests entering the pool area are required to sign in at the front entrance (pool gate). Guards/managers on duty will occasionally walk around the pool to ensure all pool guests are signed in.
Pool Parties (note: unlike parties in other areas of the Club, pool parties with guests take chairs and space away from members in a confined area)
1. Applies to any party that will include the pool.
2. Event fee is $100 to cover additional lifeguards and set up.
3 Pool party hours are limited from 12-2 on weekends (no restrictions on weekdays).
4. Maximum number of guests (adults and kids): 40 weekdays, 30 weekends.
5. Party guests cannot “reserve” pool chairs before the party. However, all seats under the party tent will be reserved for you.
6. All food and beverages must be purchased through Broadmoor except for an event cake (can bring in).
7. Pool parties must be scheduled at least one week before the event for staffing purposes.
8. Must confirm # of guests 48 hours before the event.
9. No parties involving the pool will be booked on the three major holidays: Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day.
Food and Beverage
- No food or drink can be brought in; all must be purchased through Broadmoor. Should a member bring in outside food into the pool area, they will be asked to eat their meal outside of the pool area and refrain from bringing in food again. Parents of toddlers and very young children are permitted to bring in snacks, such as Goldfish, fruit, etc.
- No glass, including long necks – broken glass in the pool requires draining.
- No coolers are permitted inside the pool fence unless all beverages have been purchased from Broadmoor.
- No smoking or vaping allowed inside the fence.
- Chewing gum should be avoided as it could damage the pool filters.
Pool Toys/Flotation Devices
- Goggles, small toys and small water approved balls (Nerf type) are permitted. If they are used in a way that endangers or disrupts other patrons, lifeguards have the discretion to remove them from the pool and they will be given to a parent or stored in the office until the guest leaves.
- Puddle jumpers and approved life jackets are allowed.
- Water wings, floating rafts and kick boards are NOT allowed, unless they are part of an individual, club swimming lesson or exercise class.
Diving Board and Diving Area
- No diving in water less than 8 feet deep.
- Anyone using the diving board or deep end must be able to swim across the width of the pool with approved flotation devices only.
- No one can catch or assist those using the diving board and the diving area must remain clear for board use.
- No backflips, inward somersaults, cartwheels, handstands or any approach with your back to the pool are allowed off the diving board or from the side of the pool.
- Swimmers using the diving board must go off the diving board straight, no side jumps.
- No gainers (inverted somersault) allowed.
- After going off the diving board swimmers need to swim straight to one of the side ladders, not the wall under the board.
- Diving off the side of the pool deck is only permitted between the rope and the ladder.
- Only 1 bounce forward dives, jumps, or cannon balls are permitted.
- No hanging on the board.
- No horseplay on or around the board.
- Only 1 person is allowed on the board at a time.
- The diving area must be clear before the next person goes. The first diver must be at the ladder before the next user can go.
- Running is not permitted in or around the pool area, snack bar area and decks.
- Persons who appear to be under the influence of drugs or heavily intoxicated will be denied admission to the pool areas.
- As a family-oriented amenity with children present, foul or abusive language will not be tolerated. Please be respectful of the families who are using our pool. If complaints occur, patrons may be asked to leave immediately.
- Certified lifeguards are provided, as well as the required safety equipment.
- Members are responsible for supervising their families and guests at the pool. Pool staff are not babysitters and should never be considered solely responsible for your safety.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible person at least 18 years of age. Supervision must be provided in the pools, decks, snack bar, restrooms/locker rooms and anywhere on the adjacent property.
- Less experienced swimming patrons must remain in the shallow end with supervision.
- Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear properly fitted swim diapers.
- Pets are not allowed in any of the buildings, including the pool deck, except for our designated dog days which are typically scheduled on the last day the pool is open..
- Accidents containing fecal, blood or vomit must be reported immediately.
- Spitting, spouting, nose blowing or discharge of bodily waste in the pools are strictly prohibited.
- No swimming is allowed without a lifeguard present.
- Emergency procedures must always be followed. If requested, swimmers must leave the pool and deck immediately upon request.